Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Quick Check-In

Well, these last few weeks have been frustrating with the computer acting up and not wanting to work right. My writing has been hindered by this confounded piece of junk. Until we upgrade(hopefully within the next couple of days) I'll be writing as much as I can until the computer decides it doesn't want to cooperate with me again. It's been driving me nuts all of the scans and anti-virus software we've used, especially the super-duper crap from Geek Squad that was uber-expensive. I hope this piece of junk limps just enough, because I don't want to lose anymore writing time.

Apart from the computer troubles, so far, this year, everyone has been physically better(knock on wood), except for the colds and 24-hour bugs we've been passing back and forth. My son's last surgery was immensely successful, he goes for one more test in six months. I'm still doing very well, aside from the computer afflicting me. I am hoping the new one will result in less problems, we've read many great reviews on that particular model.

The writing I have been able to accomplish has been leading to the main subject of the plot, and I'm ultra-excited! How's it been going for the rest of you? Better, I hope.

12 comments:

  1. Wondered where you'd been. Sorry to hear about the computer troubles. But very happy to hear your son's surgery went well.

    I'm still plugging away on my current first draft. It's got a decent shape to it now, so I guess I can say it's going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, keep at it! I love the idea! Yeah, I'm still here, just battling an uncooperative computer. I'm going to demonstrate the Dawn of Man segment from 2001: A Space Odyssey but clubbing this computer once I get our new one, blasting the song too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh! Computer problems. I hear ya! I need a new hard drive. I'm glad you hear your son's surgery went well, but having colds off and on isn't fun at all.
    Good for you for being able to write through the madness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Computer problems are the worst. Everything else is tolerable, but technical issues are inexcusable. Technology is cool, but maddening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Computers - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. I got my laptop fixed about 6 months ago after it was dropped, and it's been OK so far, fingers crossed. Glad you got some good work done and your son is doing well. I'm just getting into the "middle" of my WIP, I think. In a good rhythm now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're excellent tools, but intense stress tests in their own right. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with technological problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your computer. I'd resort to pen and paper until it's fixed, just in case. Hate to lose any of that hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the problem of papers being pirated by children who love to draw on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Computer troubles are the worst! Well, they're up there, anyway. It sucks losing writing time, but good job on getting further in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are indeed the worst. But the time there is is being well-spent on forging ahead with the work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Acer....best computer I've owned. I've had it for about a year and a half without major trouble...a new record. Ha. Hope it hangs in there until you decide on a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dell is junk. I've been researching the Mac, and so far have read much more good than bad.

    ReplyDelete