Monday, November 7, 2011

The Return

I'm back, again, and this time I hope for much longer. Better news for my son has me jumping for joy (figuratively, of course) though I am still wary and cautious to not get my hopes up too high. We have a very strong feeling that his recovery could be a lot sooner than we'd originally feared, which is awesome! We still have some waiting to endure though as the coming tests cannot be rushed. Poop! But my tough little stormtrooper has endured his  condition much better than I, as I have the neurotic  problem of worrying a lot. That coupled with my own condition has not helped, and quite honestly, almost killed me.

For the past two months I've suffered from increasingly severe abdominal pains that doctors were unable to explain for weeks. Two ER visits with no answers, being unable to stand and sit upright, and a wife with a whip (figurative, of course) prompted me to consult a GI who got the ball rolling. Well, after a scheduled Iodine CT scan went horribly awry in which I had a rather terrific allergic reaction to the iodine resulting in hives the consistency of toad skin, shortness of breath, vomiting, the runs, and a high fever. I actually argued with my wife about going to work, and my boss won: I had to call off. This perfect storm of symptoms drove my wife and her proverbial whip (slowly manifesting into cruel physical form) to haul my ass back to the ER in which everything fell into place. This new doctor and surgeon were guffawed that previous docs couldn't see my lovely marble-sized gallstone had inflamed and infected my gallbladder to the point that it had to come out NOW, or else... Needless to say the surgery went well, I'm slowly on the mend, though sore as hell, now my full attention is refocused on my youngest son. This is the first I've been able to sit upright for extended periods of time and actually write, which has been MADDENING!

I wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive and will be frequenting your pages as well as my own  as originally intended. So please remember me and come back, because I'm still here! God bless you all!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Wow. I'm so sorry to hear about all your troubles. But glad things are looking up. Take care of yourself and your son. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. This has been a really bad year for our family, but it's gradually getting brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are feeling and doing better. What a terrible thing to have to go through while your son is so ill and you're already so busy worrying. But I'm happy to hear that his prognosis is improving. See, prayers do work! And I will continue to keep both you and your son in them. Stay well, my friend! And God bless!! And oh, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Nancy. It's been very hard to go through, but our improvements have been a long time waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're on the mend! I've missed your 'face'! Ha! Great news about your son, too! I'll be seeing you around. And I'll have a few things to say about chapter three....;) You know I love your style of writing ...

    Talk to you in a few days

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Nadja. It is great about my boy, he's a tough one. I can't wait to hear your feedback. I'll talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always good to read of harder times being left behind and progress being made - Long may it continue!

    Rory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just checking in again! Hope you are recovering from your surgery quickly. :)

    How about that button I made? I've got a question out to Matt Hofferth to see how to 'write' my own code in the future. I got that code from the blog I linked back to.

    If you'd put the button up closer to the 12 Days event, I'd be so thankful. Thanks for your support! I'll talk more to you about it later. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm doing well, Nadja, thanks for asking. I'll put the button up for you, no problem. I'll talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, sorry to hear about everything that you've been through. Great to see that you're on the mend, though. Congrats on getting back to writing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you. It's great to be back. And thanks for the follow. I'll be visiting your page!

    ReplyDelete